Gibbiceps plecostomus (sailfin pleco) and black diamonds?

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
my flagtail does not eat algae and prefer my rays slime coat so i sold it away

We had two that did the same and we had to re home but the rest are fine so I don't know if its just a habit some pick up
My biggest one is about 30cm
Strange story on this big boy... originally he would suck on the brown rays but left the black rays alone so.. we moved him to a tank with only black rays and problem solved, he is also fed cucumber every second day
About a year later we added two brown rays to same tank where they have been together now for over a year and he doesn't touch them

Reactions: Matteus

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Looks like it is dependent on the fish personality rather than the fish itself

Just like some of us love Chinese food or sandwiches or fast food haha

Reactions: Matteus and MariaS

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
I'll post an update on the tank below. So far everything is working out fine. I actually think I lucked out with this pleco as it is a super hard working scavenger, keeping the tank sides clean and eating up bits of shrimp left by the rays. So far so good! I've posted the same video link in the arowana section fo this site too, so apologies if this counts as a double post of the same video.

Reactions: BigShawn

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
i have a 8 inch albino gibby with my bds. so far he doesn't seem to bothere them. but he is usually well fed, bds are messy eaters so he gets his share of food.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
That plec looks as though it will do some damage to the rays.
I have heard and seen sunshine plecs working well with rays.
Is there any validity of this? I have a friend who has L014 available but don’t want to invest if this is just hearsay. Anyone have any backing to this?

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Is there any validity of this? I have a friend who has L014 available but don’t want to invest if this is just hearsay. Anyone have any backing to this?
Screw it. They are so beautiful, I’m going to try it out and if it doesn’t work I’ll put it in another tank. Lol. Thanks Jim.

Reactions: jim barry

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
My trio of rays is now a single BD female; she seems to get on fine with the place and vice versa. An update video of the ray:

Reactions: BigShawn
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store