Glancing Red Tailed Shark

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
thnx gupp im on it, guess i have to hope for the best, this damn shark better be worth it tho, hes showing great contrast even in this stressful situation....

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
ok the ick is gone from the red tailed shark, this is the moment of truth (or 6 days of truth lol)or i may have a bunch of other sick fish.......

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Keep up the salt for the full 10 days.

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
three days left of treatment, everythings lookin good, still cant get ne food into the shark........

lost 2 ottos in the process, not due to ich but beceause i put them on a lower feeding regemin the bichir got hungry;)

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
so 1 day left of treatment and the redtailed shark is glancing again, so hes got the early signs of ich again...... so what now no other fish have contraced it throught the whole treatment, should i add more salt and extend the treatment period? my water is yello despite the perfect water test ive been getting. so i really need to do a water change, a big 1. should i go ahead and do this??

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Yes, do the water change. You could use a commercial treatment such as rid Ich +.

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
my advice is to cure Your fishes is to change you water and clean out you filter at the same time and use half of what ever medication that said in the instructions of the label(it takes 5-8 days your fish being at a grade A health). because to much medication can cause the fish to not eat and die out. I have treated ick and fungis plenty of times. For your if your fish is not eating I may be right to use a little marine salt that measures 1.0000 to 1.0004 no more than that, it is to help the fish that is not eating calm down. for your fish that is clanceing I quess in other words you mean darting for one end to the other i Have a Red tail shark at 6inches it did that it first but it took three weeks to calm down My guess it just need to find how big it's house is and just needs to feel safe. Give it alot of room to hide then it will come out of it own. You pick one of the best fish if you got alot of hard to clean alage problems it eats even the toughess alage!

Also good luck to you and all your other fishes health.:D :cool-1:

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
well just thought id post another sucess story with treating ich, the shark pulled trough and is now atleat 2 inches bigger and positivly the best specimin ive ever seen. im very happy with him and treating him wayt really worth it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store