goby with pictus cats?

mikehawk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
FL
Well, my plans for upgrading from a 55gal to a 125gal have fallen through. So, after I sell my aro to somebody with a bigger tank, Ill be looking to restock the 55.

I was thinking of getting a goby and a couple pictus cats. Are they compatible? I've heard the pictus cats can be a little aggressive, would they give the goby any trouble? And they'll eat the same kinds of food right? Ghost shrimp, small worms, maybe guppies, too.

Also, I have a couple tankmates that the aro has befriended, so I guess they'll be in there, too. I have a small clown loach (maybe 2"), a crawfish, and a 3-4" white fin shark. The white fin shark is just like a rainbow shark, except his fins are white instead of orange. I have no idea why the aro hasn't eaten them. I've even had the aro go without food for about a week (thanks to Hurricane Wilma) and he hasn't eaten them. :confused:

Anyway, will the goby get along with a couple pictus cats, the loach, and the shark?

And if anybody in south florida is interested in the silver aro, he's almost a foot long. Missing a scale or two and has a couple scratches because he's a dumbass and jumps occassionally. But the barbs are in good shape and point up on a slight incline.

mikehawk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
FL
I'm not sure. The LFS had them listed as water dragons. All I remember is that they were brown, long and skinny, kinda spikey, and cool lookin'. I think I'd rather get a violet goby, though.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Did they look like a brown stretched out violet goby? If so it was probably a bearded worm goby, a close relative, all the fish in the gobioides group have similar habits.

mikehawk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
FL
guppy said:
Did they look like a brown stretched out violet goby? If so it was probably a bearded worm goby, a close relative, all the fish in the gobioides group have similar habits.
Yeah, that's probably what the LFS had.

So will a violet goby be safe with a pictus cat? Got any recommendations for a tankmate for the violet goby?

Push

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
N.Ky
I would say as long as it aint a marbled goby you will be alright stay away from the ones that look like a damn grouper cuz its got a mouth and a temperment like a grouper.... the worst fish I have ever kept...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store