Godmanni

Cichlidfever

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Bowie, MD.
Has anyone keep Godmanni, how aggressive are they, I am thinking about raising it up in a 125 gallon tank, I never had one before, what would be a cichlid or two would you raise it up with in a 125 gallon tank? I was looking at a nicaraguense, tuba, and may a few firemouths, any suggestions?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Although I haven't kept godmanni, I have kept Chuco intermedia, two different location variants, and micropthalmus, so my guess is they are similar in attitude. I have not found either to be overly aggressive, with any cichlids I kept them with in similar size tanKs. I did keep them with other cichlids that were dissimilar in looks.
I find keeping any cichlid with similar body style, and mouth shapes to be problematic because they often see each other as competitors. So if you do try to keep them with tuba, and nicaraguense you should have another tank , case things go south.

intermedia above, tuba below

I have also kept both tuba and nicaraguense. Tuba were always aggressive with any similar shaped species, to the point of killing them.
another location variant of intermedia below

nic above Chuco micropthalmus below

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store