Golden(yellow) Puffer

vick

Feeder Fish
Sep 12, 2007
cali
Hi Im new and sorry if its been discussed before but i have tried looking for it but i didn't find any post relating to this. Can anyone tell me what kind of fish this is? also how big of a tank i would need? [YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D858kUyJe80&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D858kUyJe80&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]:drool::drool: want one soo bad

vick

Feeder Fish
Sep 12, 2007
cali
So i cant keep two puffers in one tank?? since it spouse to be only fish and live rocks? I've never kept a puffer so i want to make sure it perfect before i get it thanks

cassharper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Mansfield, Texas
Puffers are pretty solitary fish in the wild, so they are most commonly observed in specimen tanks. These you might be able to keep a few together... if you have an absurdly large tank.

MommyJulia

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
A, A
I wouldn't keep the puffer with any other fish. And maybe you should get 150 or larger size tank. Most puffers can get pretty big.

puffcrusader696

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2008
Corning, New York
www.youtube.com
it looks like a golden dog faced puffer to me. they need an outrageosly (spelling?) huge tank to keep more than one and odvious spaces for separate territories. if you keep more than one get like a 500 gallon tank and make 2 or 3 obvious territories to prevent attacks. and feed them separatly. but approach that carefully if u do.

puffcrusader696

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2008
Corning, New York
www.youtube.com
o and tons of filtration.... like an FX5, a sump, an adequately (spelling?) sized protein skimmer and a uv filter. with good flow. and tons of live rock for filtration. puffers are incredibly delicate and wont tolerate any falters in water quality.

niblit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Knee deep in fish
ive always kept puffs together ive got a stars and stripes and a porcopine together right now you must watch them carfully at first for personality conflicts and keep in mind large puffs need large tanks and some puffs ,dogface,striped ,stars+stripes,ect will scratch plexi tanks w/ their teeth.you should see my 300 from a 18in stars+stripes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store