good monster fish shop in Sydney?

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I’m actually moving down to good ol’ Melbourne in the near future... so if you got any good shops worth hitting up, let me know incase i get the itch to set something up quicker than expected lol...
Where in melbourne will you be living? There's lots of shops around, there's guaranteed to be a few close no matter where you settle. Depending on what you want to keep some are better than others. Do a bit of googling but to get you starteD here's a few, forgeneral stuff I would recommend Coburg aquarium or V&L aquarium (my usual day to day shop) also upmarket aquarium at the victoria market which as a new arrival you will probably end up checking out anyway, bigger fish geelong family pet and aquarium or big fish aquarium, for discus OAFI, and for aquascaping and dwarf cichlids subscape aquarium and new life aquatics in Richmond. Richmond is a Vietnamese area, lots of tasty cheap food on the same street too!
Hopefully you will enjoy living here , let me know if you need any local advice when you get here, will be happy to help.

Reactions: Fat Homer

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
in terms of freshwater predator fish the only shop I've seen is in Flemington, they have arowana, gourami and gars but selection is kind of limited. so it isn't always that fun to go there when they mostly have the same stuff
I see shops in Melbourne have such a wide variety from exotic stingrays, datnoids, clown knife, bichirs, bumblebee, variety of aro etc.
It's true we have access to some of them fish but believe me you pay dearly for them. I have noticed stingrays are a bit more common lately.

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Where in melbourne will you be living? There's lots of shops around, there's guaranteed to be a few close no matter where you settle. Depending on what you want to keep some are better than others. Do a bit of googling but to get you starteD here's a few, forgeneral stuff I would recommend Coburg aquarium or V&L aquarium (my usual day to day shop) also upmarket aquarium at the victoria market which as a new arrival you will probably end up checking out anyway, bigger fish geelong family pet and aquarium or big fish aquarium, for discus OAFI, and for aquascaping and dwarf cichlids subscape aquarium and new life aquatics in Richmond. Richmond is a Vietnamese area, lots of tasty cheap food on the same street too!
Hopefully you will enjoy living here , let me know if you need any local advice when you get here, will be happy to help.
Thanks for the info... i’ll be near the airport area, so out on the westside of melbourne..,

Richmond area i know is the Vietnamese area, used to have friends that lived there...

But yeah, Vic market and Geelong wont be too far from where i am i think??? So those two shops should be reasonably accessible to me...

Will definitely see if i can check them out on my next trip down if i have some spare time...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store