Good news, bad news, and the worst news

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Well. In the past few days I have been moving. And today was the first day were we were just unpacking and starting to organize stuff. The house is absolutely amazing. Now there is some stuff that occurred. And the worst of it all is that nugget is no longer with us. She died in the move. I dug a little grave out front and put a stone from her own enclosure on top. I was very upset about it considering she was my first ever reptile. And there was nothing I could do. Some bad news but clearly not the worst is my 75 gallon tank had to be thrown away. There was no space in any uhaul, truck or storage, and no way to get inside the new place. So my parents just threw it out. Well the best comes last, the good news. My parents agreed since nugget died, my tank was thrown away and on the way in my beardies tank was dropped and cracked on the bottom, that I can get a bird. I have ALWAYS wanted a bird, but they were unsure until yesterday they agreed on that I could. But along with some more bad news is that I really don’t have a fish tank atm. I have 4 guppies as I surrendered my other fish to a LFS. I am setting my 29g up for my axolotl I am getting with my cousin next weekend. I am gonna use some old cycled water and add the guppies to help cycle the tank, along with ofc chemicals. I may try in a few weeks to get a 55 gallon tank, and maybe do like a school of angels. Or if I could do a gt that would be awesome because I really want one. Although I think that’s to small. But I’m not gonna get anything for it yet as my parents don’t need more stress. All of my other animals survived the move which I am eternally grateful for. I am going to wait a few weeks before trying to get the bird. As I know an adoption place were after a few visits to a specific bird and proof of a good home you are able to take the bird, the cage and some food all home for free.i am excited for my dream pet but am devastated about nugget.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
So sorry to hear about nugget. I liked that little gecko.
I hope everything works out for you!

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
So sorry to hear about nugget. I liked that little gecko.
I hope everything works out for you!
Thank you. I did too. Everything is going pretty good. Thursday was a nightmare. But everything seems to be planning out. I just need a new paint job in my room LOLimage.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Deadeye

Charlied81

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2021
Pa
I was asking because I also live in Pa and I have a new job and I'm stuck at work a lot of hours and I have a lot of fish i don't have time to care for much anymore. Maybe you want some?

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Hi Kolton - Very sorry for the loss of the gecko and breakage of the tank, and all the disturbances with the move. But now you are in a nice long term place. Something to consider is not to rush into getting birds and things quite yet. I bet the new place is not quite set yet, a boxes and other temporary changes will continue until things finally settle. If you wait just a little, you may be able to get a better tank, have more choices of the very bird you want and others. I too am in Philadelphia. Myself and others may be able to help getting back when the time is right. Good luck.

Reactions: deeda and Deadeye

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
I was asking because I also live in Pa and I have a new job and I'm stuck at work a lot of hours and I have a lot of fish i don't have time to care for much anymore. Maybe you want some?
I sold a few empty tanks I haven't been using but I need to downsize for sure I can't keep up.
Maybe in a few weeks. If I get a tank setup it won’t be for like 2 weeks. And I would still need to cycle it. What do u have?

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Hi Kolton - Very sorry for the loss of the gecko and breakage of the tank, and all the disturbances with the move. But now you are in a nice long term place. Something to consider is not to rush into getting birds and things quite yet. I bet the new place is not quite set yet, a boxes and other temporary changes will continue until things finally settle. If you wait just a little, you may be able to get a better tank, have more choices of the very bird you want and others. I too am in Philadelphia. Myself and others may be able to help getting back when the time is right. Good luck.
Yeah the bird thing will be AT LEAST. A month. As the adoption process is that long. But I will probably wait until at least the end of September and see how things are going, if they are doing good and we’re all settled maybe I’ll look into it and ask them. If not I’ll just keep waiting. Thank you for your condolences

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store