Good pellet food

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
What is dried grass?
Man I knew it wouldn't be long until the cannabis industry made it's way into the fish food business :)

Just kidding but it reminded me of a study I read about some time ago: they gave MJ to tilapia to see if it would increase their hunger and thus growth rate. Well the fish sure ate more -- but they didn't gain weight/size any faster -- due to the fact that MJ actually speed ups metabolism esp. if used long-term and not casually.

• Haha
Reactions: Coryloach

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
I have totally no idea... found dried grass interesting thus posted here lol
I am going to ask my dog, she loves eating grass outside. I'll let you know when she feels like talking because most of the time she just barks at me :ROFL:...On the topic, I have a distant memory about a human tribe having similar food in their diet which was suspected to be the reason for their robust health, lol...

Reactions: islandguy11

DRC

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2018
So my fish passed their final verdict, New Life Spectrum Probiotix in the medium pellet size. After going through several samples it was the only one of the healthier foods that they readily accepted. I was curious to see if they had just gotten used to different foods since this was literally the last food sample that I had for them. So, I tried the North Fin Cichlid of the same size again, but again they just spit the North Fin out. So now that I’ve ordered a jar of it, the little boogers better eat it, or I will resort to more “corrective “ feeding techniques. But unlike my fish, my turtles, a Western Painted and Pink Bellied Side-neck were absolutely crazy about the North Fin Turtle sticks so I placed an order for them as well.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Man I knew it wouldn't be long until the cannabis industry made it's way into the fish food business :)

Just kidding but it reminded me of a study I read about some time ago: they gave MJ to tilapia to see if it would increase their hunger and thus growth rate. Well the fish sure ate more -- but they didn't gain weight/size any faster -- due to the fact that MJ actually speed ups metabolism esp. if used long-term and not casually.

This food is the very first pellet food I bought and still using... for some reason most fish love this pellet.... looks like it really could be cannabis

Reactions: islandguy11

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
I am going to ask my dog, she loves eating grass outside. I'll let you know when she feels like talking because most of the time she just barks at me :ROFL:...On the topic, I have a distant memory about a human tribe having similar food in their diet which was suspected to be the reason for their robust health, lol...
Was wondering, maybe the included grass because the pellet was designed for bottom feeders......which I guess would take in some grass as diet due to bottom foraging

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
I personally doubt it to be honest. Majority of habitats have no carpet plants or even underwater plants, mostly marginal plants. My guess is that the grass in the food is a type of filler, and it is of terrestrial origin.

Reactions: RD.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Sounds like it's not so good then... but I use it more as a supplement on top of market prawns and yellowtail scad, adding spriulina powder now too

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Sounds like it's not so good then... but I use it more as a supplement on top of market prawns and yellowtail scad, adding spriulina powder now too
Do you feed the prawns with or with out shells ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store