USA
Chicxulub Chicxulub

Reactions: Chicxulub

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
That's the highland species. B. rutilus is a lowland species from the tropics of southeast Asia in and around Thailand.

Reactions: kno4te

Winterose

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Chicxulub Chicxulub Ahh okay, gotcha. So around the 80s is perfect then :)
What do you think of the specimen itself? Is it easy to take care of?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Chicxulub Chicxulub Ahh okay, gotcha. So around the 80s is perfect then :)
What do you think of the specimen itself? Is it easy to take care of?
I keep mine in the same conditions as every other tropical fish I keep. They seem to be more tolerant of hard water than are South American species fwiw.

As to your specimen, it's an absolute beast. As to Bagarius in general, I find them to be excellent tank decor. Getting them off of love can be a challenge, but once they are, they'll learn to associate your presence with food and some can even become downright gregarious.

This is a fish that requires patience. Once you've broken it, they make good captives.

Winterose

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Chicxulub Chicxulub Thanks for the kind compliments! Its still on feeders, but would love to convert it into pellets. Are yours on pellets or have any tips?
Thanks so much!

I've also read about how goonch, notably the rutilus, have the random deaths from the site. Kinda scary to think about, but is that something that is now in the past? or are there still unknowns as to why the deaths occured?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Cant say I’ve seen a long thread on any goonch really.... maybe I didn’t type the right words in the search function once upon a time

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store