got a question for Nanocube

paOol

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2005
Fish Land
im looking to get a 12 gallon nano for my dorm room.
so i have a few questions

which one do i need to get for a saltwater setup? i want to get coral, live rock, live sand, etc. and a few clownfish.

also, are they quiet? do they make enough noise to keep me up during the night ?

also, do i need to do water changes often? i dont think the water will evaporate that often when there is a lid on the whole time

PEVINE11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Franklin N.H
www.myspace.com
paOol;1190968; said:
im looking to get a 12 gallon nano for my dorm room.
so i have a few questions

which one do i need to get for a saltwater setup? i want to get coral, live rock, live sand, etc. and a few clownfish.

also, are they quiet? do they make enough noise to keep me up during the night ?

also, do i need to do water changes often? i dont think the water will evaporate that often when there is a lid on the whole time
i dono how many clowns can go in a 12 gallon tank. . . . . . dout any for life
i'd get a biocube, yes quiet, you do need to do waterchanges. i would recomend a skimmer. cuts the water canges down. if you keep water in the filter it wil be quiet, but if the water in the filter runs low it will be kinda loud.

at ur college what are the rules? like tank size? i would go at least 24 gallon if possible. . . . . even 29 gallon biocube. thats what i have, they are amazing

paOol

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2005
Fish Land
i dont really know the rules lol.
but im sure 12 isn't too big and i prefer something smaller (cheaper).
i plan to keep the water up so the filter isnt noisy, but how quiet is it?
would you say it produces more noise than a small fridge?

FishFinn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2007
Mississippi
Skimmers take out trace minerals out of the water. Soft and hard corals need those minerals. Some people swear by them and others dont. I just spent $120 on a skimmer for my 14 gallon. I dont think im gonna use one now. I just done alot of research and heard more bad things about them than good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store