Got my Red Texas and Ultra Red Warrior FH today!

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
I just got these little buggas today. Actually I got them yesterday but it sounds better to say today...:p...and i forgot to post it yesterday. They are doing great, eating like little pigs. They are literally little...barely even 2"...if that. I'm thinkin more around the 1.5" range. The Red Texas isn't really showing much color yet, not sure what a regular texas looks like as a juv...so I'm guessin that they don't start to get the spots and color until around 3" or so. The FH is a bit smaller than the Red Texas, but it already has some great coloration. I can see some reds, and blues coming in already. Hopefully it will be a looker when they get bigger. The FH's tail was a bit chewed up though, think the Red Texas beat him up a bit. They are adjusted and have established dominance. Its funny though, the Red Texas thinks hes the *****, lol. He has started crap with my 4" female (at least it seems like its a female) Amphilphus festae (Red Terror) numerous times. Kinda funny to watch him start crap with her, stand her down, and then run like hell when he realizes the mistake he has made. So much bigger than the Red Texas...lol. They are really small as stated, and not showing much color, but i shall try and take some pictures if possible! Cheers,
Jer

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
Huh? LOL!! You lost me. Pike? Where? Plan on keepin them on fish foods...wanna try some Dainichi pellets on them..see if i can get them to color up nicely! I mostly feed my fish Omega One and New Life Spectrum....both great natural color enhancers....so hopefully they will indeedy color up!

domdes

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2005
maryland
Peanut_Power said:
I just got these little buggas today. Actually I got them yesterday but it sounds better to say today...:p...and i forgot to post it yesterday. They are doing great, eating like little pigs. They are literally little...barely even 2"...if that. I'm thinkin more around the 1.5" range. The Red Texas isn't really showing much color yet, not sure what a regular texas looks like as a juv...so I'm guessin that they don't start to get the spots and color until around 3" or so. The FH is a bit smaller than the Red Texas, but it already has some great coloration. I can see some reds, and blues coming in already. Hopefully it will be a looker when they get bigger. The FH's tail was a bit chewed up though, think the Red Texas beat him up a bit. They are adjusted and have established dominance. Its funny though, the Red Texas thinks hes the *****, lol. He has started crap with my 4" female (at least it seems like its a female) Amphilphus festae (Red Terror) numerous times. Kinda funny to watch him start crap with her, stand her down, and then run like hell when he realizes the mistake he has made. So much bigger than the Red Texas...lol. They are really small as stated, and not showing much color, but i shall try and take some pictures if possible! Cheers,
Jer
if u have true high dollar red texas then red color will show now, if not they may start changing at about 4 inches, some don't change until later 6 to 8 inches in size.

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
Its only 1.5"....so I don't think its gonna show much for color right now. It should hopefully start showing color around 2.5" at least though, thats what they guy i got it from said. I guess that by the time it reaches 6 to 8" it will be pretty much done colorin up and thats what the adult will look like. So by then I am hoping that its at least orange...lol.....

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
Keep lackin the motivation to get pictures. They don't really look like any thing spectacular right now to be honest....i really hope they turn around and really color up! :p

Dargath78

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Where did you get them? Kept emailing Rareafishinado about a red texas but no replies. :swear:

I want a really red texas, saw a pic somewhere once of a really red one. Awesome!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store