Got the camera out, photoshoot session begins:

Justepic

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2018
London
Hey, here are some pictures which I took after getting my camera working again. I have tried out jib's settings and you will see how they work out.

The tech I am using is a Nikon D5100 DSLR, with a 20mm lens. These pics are with no flash, AP 2000, shutter speed 1/320. I found out these settings work best with my background and camera.

These are the best ones:

1. This is my favourite picture out of the lot. I love how his mouth opens but the other fishes tail is sort of photobombing it.
DSC_0264.JPG

2. The picture of the king is really frikkin cool, love the clarity on this one.
DSC_0175 v2.jpg

3. Just a wholesome Larry pic, what more would anyone want?
DSC_0180.JPG

4. Another nice pic with all the fins flashin'
DSC_0246.JPG

5&6. These are pictures of the fry, I need a bigger zoom lensDSC_0217.JPGDSC_0219.JPG

These pictures are the settings which jib recommended, Low AP , flash on to creates an awesome contrast but it didn't work.
DSC_0234.JPGDSC_0292.JPGDSC_0318.JPG

Last, here is a rainbow with his breeding stripe on:DSC_0330.JPG

That's all folks, open to opinions.

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0271.JPG

Justepic

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2018
London
Lol now if only I could take pics this good on my phone. Ugh gotta love/hate being stuck with a phone camera.
You can actually take really good photos on your phone as well, in fact, I used my phone more than my camera in the beginning. Obviously, it depends on your phone, and you can't configure settings as well and the focus isn't too great on fast moving fish but it ain't bad.

Reactions: MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
You can actually take really good photos on your phone as well, in fact, I used my phone more than my camera in the beginning. Obviously, it depends on your phone, and you can't configure settings as well and the focus isn't too great on fast moving fish but it ain't bad.
I agree.
I exclusively used cell phone cameras for years before getting my camera. I think my pictures turned out pretty well. Well enough that I got my camera badge from a picture I took with a cell phone? So don’t let that stop you from taking pictures!

Reactions: Justepic

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I agree.
I exclusively used cell phone cameras for years before getting my camera. I think my pictures turned out pretty well. Well enough that I got my camera badge from a picture I took with a cell phone? So don’t let that stop you from taking pictures!
Lol my phone kind of sucks for pics. It takes so long to focus and take the pic that I often have to take a dozen or so pics just to get a few good ones.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store