Silver Tier Gourami Swami, Distinguished Contributor

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Standby David. This thread brought to light in my mind the glaring shortcoming of my contributor awards. I'm currently attempting to come up with a way to rectify this by splitting contributors into two categories: those who advance the science and knowledge of the community; and those who, through above average contribution to the community itself by sending links and giving good advice and the like, deserve to be recognized as well.

Basically, while ole Gourami Swami Gourami Swami might not meet the requirements for the academic nature I intended this award to have, he probably deserves to be recognized.

We need a category which would be appropriate for this.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Chicxulub Chicxulub thanks for the consideration here. I think a new system sounds promising and would be honored to be part of it, if that ends up being the case.
Davidiator Davidiator thanks again! nice to have somebody go out of their way to appreciate my posts

Reactions: mrrobxc

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
Standby David. This thread brought to light in my mind the glaring shortcoming of my contributor awards. I'm currently attempting to come up with a way to rectify this by splitting contributors into two categories: those who advance the science and knowledge of the community; and those who, through above average contribution to the community itself by sending links and giving good advice and the like, deserve to be recognized as well.

Basically, while ole Gourami Swami Gourami Swami might not meet the requirements for the academic nature I intended this award to have, he probably deserves to be recognized.

We need a category which would be appropriate for this.
I totally agree and thank you for not banning me :D

And Gourami Swami I am doing this because as he said you deserve to be noticed. :)

Reactions: Gourami Swami

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I totally agree and thank you for not banning me :D

And Gourami Swami I am doing this because as he said you deserve to be noticed. :)
Hey bro i totally get you wanting to do something for someone whos helped you and others. But we have to understand where chicxulub is coming from. I nominated a few members and allot more work has to go into providing data for those silver and golds. Members like RD or duanes its easy to find evidence for them that justify gold/silver.

When in doubt i go witb bronze and provide a crap load of links to threads where the person im nominating is the driving force behind the subject at hand.

When this gets redone the swami has my vote btw

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Thanks Jaws.

Also of note is that, while I am not allowed to vote, I am allowed to make recommendations. I can, and have, recommended a member nominated for bronze be upgraded to silver based on the strength of the supporting evidence provided by the original poster.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
If you want i could pm the nominations for rd and duanes to op if you think it would help get swami the appropriate bling ?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Give me some time before we push this too hard. I've gotta talk to neoprodigy about the logistics of my change, and he's on vacation right now. I could push it through as things are, but it would be ugly and buggy for the site.

Reactions: jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store