Granulated Catfish

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
Sharing my Bacu / Granulated Cat (P. Granulosus) :) My irwini is showing up a bit whilst inside the log lol.

I had to move all of my big cats and sadly the RTC and the Firewood did not make it. They died due to swim bladder complications.

I've done a full reset and will be sticking to south am for this tank. I'm getting fish that won't consume the community so i guess there's not gonna be a RTC for a while.. :(

I'm looking at getting a smaller Ripsaw to grow with these cats as well :)

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Love the video! Yes, we missed you. Very sorry to hear about the firewood especially, being firewood-handicapped myself (can't keep them). Tell us what happened so we learn from you and with you!

Yea, grannies are just like that. I got three and they are football shaped. That's what they should be called "American football catfish", haha

ShanerBock888 ShanerBock888 He is in Philippines :)

Reactions: moe214 and M@T!@$

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
Love the video! Yes, we missed you. Very sorry to hear about the firewood especially, being firewood-handicapped myself (can't keep them). Tell us what happened so we learn from you and with you!

Yea, grannies are just like that. I got three and they are football shaped. That's what they should be called "American football catfish", haha

ShanerBock888 ShanerBock888 He is in Philippines :)
The Siamese Giant Carp (Krahu) looks beast!

hahaha! they sure do and they won't stop feeding lol XD

The other cats didn't make it because i had them moved to my friend's 10-15k gal tank/pond (3 layers)

I decided to do a reset because the wallago and rtc started attacking my cichlas and other fishes. I decided to remove the driftwoods (4-5 feet driftwoods) because of the activity of the big pangasius (the ones that came in as mekong giant and the paroons) the biggest was 40"+ whilst the smallest was 30". 4 pcs "MGC" , 1 IRshark and 2 Paroons

It was only then that i realized that the territories were compromised due to me removing the driftwood and that probably led to the cats attacking the others. I lost my big 24" Orino a couple of big monocs and my 18" Indonesian Tiger.

I got frustrated and decided to move them so i could do a reset on my tank going full on SouthAam. I was supposed to get them back when i finish my 20/25 x 10 x 7(height) build. and keep fish that could thrive with monster cats such as gigas,etc :(

The travel was quite long and bumpy. I got them back to see if i could do anything but they just didn't eat and turned belly up for quite a while. The firewood went back to normal for a couple of months only to end up belly up again until it passed. They were both well over 3 feet when they died :( I lost a 20" female ray and my Tarpon during the transfer as well :(

For reference, this is what i found out. I saw this video after they passed and figured that exactly what happened to my cats. Even if i saw this video earlier, i don't think i would be able to accomplish this procedure tho.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store