Green Pike?

MrfisH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2005
New Hampshire
They have these pikes at NERD and they got them in as green pike and I, in all that I have read about pikes on here lately, havent heard of such. What impressed me the most is that he was flaring his gills and displaying at me through the glass a lot like my Devil used to do. So I am bringing to your eyes to get an identification, so I can get a idea how aggressive it will be. These are the best pics I could manage. I Got into talking about the pikes a lot and am trying to get the guy to order pikes from rapps, thanks to peanut. I at very least got him to check this site out and think I may have some sweet pikes in the very near future.

pike-2.jpg

pike-3.jpg

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
LoL!! My passion for pikes is contageous! HOOO RA!! Its a big blurry...its a Saxatilis group pike for sure....looks a lot like Crenicichla lucius to me. Whatever it is, it 100% for sure a female. See the spot in the dorsal? Key indicator in Saxatilis pikes that its a female...next comes the red/pink abdomen/belly...;)

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Peanut Power is contagious? Put in a quarantine tank and dose him with salt. If it doesn't work add pepper and tabasco sauce and slow roast at 325 degrees for 30 minutes a pound.

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
It could be time to instate a country wide series of Inoculations againt the New Peanut Power Flu, before there are any casualties.

Miz

Giant PINK Gourami LOVA
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2005
Mississippi
joeytoe said:
It could be time to instate a country wide series of Inoculations againt the New Peanut Power Flu, before there are any casualties.

Miz = the antibody

I'll take one (or five) for the team!

Taz2478

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
not where I'm supposed to be
I had a green pike. When I searched for info I found it was a dwarf pike that got upto 4-5".

I think people get into pikes cause not many stay still. They are def the most active fish Ive ever had. And they have very nice colors.

of course it helps to have someone keep saying get em.

which reminds me i gotta go check on the cobras now that im back home.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store