group of microlepis?

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
So i plan to grow out 2-3 microlepis in a 75 gallon eventually moving to a 7*3*2.5 tall tank. do you think they would do well together or should i just stick with one. i planned on having some silver dollars as dithers. other tankmates would be some type of catfish (havent decided yet) and some polys. any ideas on how that would work out as ive never owned or had first hand experiences with dats.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
K krichardson

Reactions: DRteugelsi

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Bump I guess...

Nobody has any thoughts?
How long do you plan on keeping them in the 75? You could do 3-5 easy but with changing a good amount of water each week since you want a few other fish but 1 or 3min is the way to go. Why don’t you just put them in the big tank from the start? What’s in the bigger tank?

Reactions: kno4te

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
How long do you plan on keeping them in the 75? You could do 3-5 easy but with changing a good amount of water each week since you want a few other fish but 1 or 3min is the way to go. Why don’t you just put them in the big tank from the start? What’s in the bigger tank?
Nothing is in the bigger tank its just not built yet lol, and the 75 would be no about 6 months 8 months tops, i may just go ahead and grab a 125 to stock them for the time being. but water changes are no problem to me. the tank will be on a drip as well once i find a way to feed the tube from my basement. i may just do only one datnoid for the sake of water quality.

Reactions: FunWow!

banesbane

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2015
United States
If you have a drip system running, 3-5 in a 125 would be no issue at all, assuming they're 2-6 inches? You could definitely keep other additional fish in there as well IME - I currently have 2 NTT, 3 IT, 6 young tinfoils and a royal clown all growing out in a 180 with weekly 70% changes and water quality stays great! Feed massivore and tilapia.

Reactions: DRteugelsi

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
If you have a drip system running, 3-5 in a 125 would be no issue at all, assuming they're 2-6 inches? You could definitely keep other additional fish in there as well IME - I currently have 2 NTT, 3 IT, 6 young tinfoils and a royal clown all growing out in a 180 with weekly 70% changes and water quality stays great! Feed massivore and tilapia.
Thanks for the input!

Yeah i think im just going to go with one microlepis and a larger cichlid probably vieja species. I just don't want to overload the tank too much and id rather be safe than sorry. I think it would be more interesting to keep it mixed it up as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store