Gulper Catfish...lying on its side...? Problem. Need advice.

Abyss

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2008
UK
So, dilute first in tank water then add to the tank?

UK alternative for prazipro? Never heard of it.

Abyss

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2008
UK
I managed to feed him peas yesterday. Wrapped them up in the skin of a prawn and he took it as normal.

Wasn't sure how many to give, but he had a good amount.

Abyss

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2008
UK
Update guys:

No change to him.

I mean, apart from being on his side (or upside down), wedged into a piece of wood, he seems completely fine.

He eats well, he reacts, he adjust his position every now and again...and always chooses to go back to the same position in the tank. He still looks amazing, nothing visibly wrong with him at all.

It's weird, I guess this is just how he is now. It's difficult, not have a lot of information about the species. If there was something wrong, I would have expected it to get worse by now, it's been like 7 months or whatever. Maybe, as they get older and bigger, this is just how they go sometimes....He's probably like 6 or years old.

I introduced the peas. Cut feeding a little, and increased the amount of water changes just to see as well.

I also added a few platies to check if there was some contaminant or something in the water that the catfish had somehow got used too...but they're all fine, breeding away as Platies do.

Abyss

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2008
UK
Update: Getting on for 10 months now.

I suppose this is just the way they are sometimes when they get older.

Seems perfectly fine otherwise.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Let me bump this thread. one of mine00A9E90F-E822-4E44-8112-ECD1C919623A.jpeg is doing the same thing. Any others with this observation

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store