Gut Loading Crickets

Lockness' Oscar

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2006
Ohio
How do you present the food to the cricket and what food do you use or does it depend on the fish?

Demon_fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2006
Peoria, Illinois
Well i found this on gut loading crickets for gekos. im not sure if fish are the same but here it is.
So what can you feed crickets?
1.Gut load- they sell this powder at almost every petstore. It contains calcuim and other vitamins and minerals. I personally never have used this, but I heard that it work well.
2. Orange slices- provides water for the crickets and provides vitamin C.
3. Any common leafy greens (except spinach- for obvious resons).
4. PLAIN oatmeal.
5. Several other fruits and veggies.
6. Water-*If you r not going to use oranges for your main water source then soak a spounge and place it in the cricket tank. DO NOT use a water bowl. ---The crickets will drown.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
Also they have this gel stuff you can use that provides water,calcium and all that outher good stuff.

Lockness' Oscar

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2006
Ohio
Yea, I am gonna be feeding my arowana. So, I would just stick the carrot in with the crickets or what?

I also heard that you just soak the fish food and put it in with the crickets and they will eat it.

Is this true?

dannyboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2006
Adelaide
Demon_fish;527622; said:
3. Any common leafy greens (except spinach- for obvious resons).
This is probably gonna make me sound really dumb (done it b4 so meh) but why not spinnach? because its high in iron? is that bad?

kev82

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2005
Iceland
www.fishfiles.net
When I had a chameleon I used to feed my crickets puppy food and oranges... They'd be fat as hell and the chameleon really thrived... I used calcium dips once in a while, but i'm not sure if that's necessary if you're feeding your fish with them..

Lockness' Oscar

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2006
Ohio
dannyboy;528176; said:
This is probably gonna make me sound really dumb (done it b4 so meh) but why not spinnach? because its high in iron? is that bad?
There was an e. coli breakout in california and don't buy any spinach!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store