Guys just want ur opinion if this is hole in the head

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
The wound has strait lines and is in the shape of a triangle. That's a scrape.
You may well be right but to my eyes the picture is not clear enough to make that distinction. It also looks to me like there are other white marks by the eye and small pits on the head. It could just be the clarity of the picrure,I don't know but I would not commit one way or another without a clearer picture.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Why is it? it's quite feasible. It's in a tank full of aggressive fish,we don't know anything about its diet or history and it has a white hole on its head.
The picture is poor quality, it could go either way.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
To my eyes, there is no possible way to determine whether it is HITH or not, because the photos are not clear enough. Probably phone cam, which will not show the kind of detail needed to make an educated diagnosis.
It has been stated, the tank previously had ick (yes?)
Secondary infections are common after ick, HITH or other, because the holes where the ick protozoa burrowed into the fish are prime candidates for opportunistic bacteria, and if temps were elevated to combat ick, those higher temps are a perfect environment for bacteria to grow.
And any kind of stress, be it poor water quality, elevated temps, aggression ( the combination of tank mates is quite volatile), previous disease, etc can leave the door open for bacteria to gain a foothold.
If you keep up the frequent water changes you may be able to ward off another epidemic.
If it were me I'd keep the salinity up.
But I'd also think about separating some of those cichlids into different tanks.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
To my eyes, there is no possible way to determine whether it is HITH or not, because the photos are not clear enough. Probably phone cam, which will not show the kind of detail needed to make an educated diagnosis.
It has been stated, the tank previously had ick (yes?)
Secondary infections are common after ick, HITH or other, because the holes where the ick protozoa burrowed into the fish are prime candidates for opportunistic bacteria, and if temps were elevated to combat ick, those higher temps are a perfect environment for bacteria to grow.
And any kind of stress, be it poor water quality, elevated temps, aggression ( the combination of tank mates is quite volatile), previous disease, etc can leave the door open for bacteria to gain a foothold.
If you keep up the frequent water changes you may be able to ward off another epidemic.
If it were me I'd keep the salinity up.
But I'd also think about separating some of those cichlids into different tanks.
At last,seeing the broad picture.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I can barely make out that it's an Oscar in those pics ........

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store