hand feeding RTC

dirtydan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2005
California
Hey guys I Have a small about 3" RTC and I was wondering if anybody knows about feeding them red worms are they any good for them and also can it hurt them? The red worms are the only thing he will eat, although its very cool letting him eat out of my hand he simply swims right up and snatches it out of my fingers. Any info will help thanks

netobeto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2005
Orlando FL.
I dont think it will hurt him but try giving him some other stuff like pellets or something else.
what other fish you got?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
My RTC enjoys trout and catfish pieces. Here, in the south, I can buy catfish fillets for $1/lb. I also feed him minnows, crayfish, squid, chicken livers/hearts, and earthworms.
The only downside to feeding him catfish fillets is that he ate 4 1.5lb channel cat tankmates in a week.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
A RTC ONLY EATS 1 FOOD

U LIE

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
hahaha

dirtydan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2005
California
Well I dont know maybe its because he is so small bet he just ignores everything else I have tried pellets, krill, bloodworms but he will only eat the red worms for know

Rui

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2005
Calgary, Canada
Try sinking pellets. Mine eats anything and everything I put in it. Get him off those bloodworms - 'garbage' food IMO. Usually they come 'exploded' already and you are basically feeding him mostly empty shell.

My 18" RTC (years ago died from me being stupid :wall: ) used to eat pieces of fruit, spinach, seaweed, as well as whole fish, squid, clams, terrestial meats (chicken, beef, organs - all of which I wouldn't do anymore), and especially tankmates.

Vary the diet, starve him if you have to, and get him on to pellets to promote his health.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store