Has anyone done this?

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
VLDesign;767177; said:
I agree the over the top pipes would scare me out of trying it. I would however consider drilling (Paying someone to do it) something like a 4" hole in the sides then using silicon between the tanks to seal the gap between the tanks. The after that is cured get a 4" silicon based grommet type thinggy (Not sure if one exists) that you could also use silicone and place over the cutouts edges sealing them even more. Then to prevent fishies from going through you could just insert a 4" drain grate.

Just thinking off the cuff and it is late so sometimes I get a little crazy, just incase it sounds like it.. lol
have a lfs drill the back of the tank like they would for a sump and just have the pipe go fromback to back ..or side to side

Lil_Stinker

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
State of Emergency
Perhas drilling in the back I may take them appart later & dont want the sides drilled.

I have the tanks already, I could eazily do an overflow from each tank into a common sump, that may be the solution I will go with.. then the auto water changer also.

Thanks for all the input

timmustang

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2007
Chicagoland
I agree, I think having seperate overflows will work. I can see too many problems coming up with having overhead pipes going from tank to tank. There are a lot of ways to pipe 3 overflows into one sump

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store