Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2021
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
41-50%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every two weeks
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hey all. So I’m worried sick over my GT who, after much research and treatment, is badly suffering from an overinflated swim bladder. It’s so inflated that its creating major blockage and misery for my poor guy. Swim bladder prognosis is grim but I did see some very successful examples of venting the bladder that looked encouraging. Has anyone ever performed this procedure? Did it work for you? I’m desperate at this point and am at a loss…help! Thank you

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
Yes, use a long thin sharp (needle) like Guage 21. You can knock the fish out but if it's very sick or tired you won't need to. You will see the swim bladder deflate as air is released.

It will help if you know where the swim bladder is. Otherwise you'll be stabbing until you find it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store