Have any of you shipped your large or giant breed dogs?

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
I'm getting ready to move to Hawaii in a few months and I'm a bit overwhelmed with my military processing that I forgot to start researching moving the dogs! I've already got them ready to enter Hawaii and avoid quarantine, but shipping is beyond me.

I've got 2 dogs, a NSDTR (Nova Scotia Duck Toller) and a Euro Great Dane. The Dane is the one I'm more concerned about shipping both for his safety and my budget.

What airlines have you guys used?
How much did it cost?
What kind of dog did you ship?

Achiles (the Great Dane) next to my 180gal since every thread is useless without pictures :p

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
Thanks man, I'll look into that.

Their blood tests came in as approved by Hawaiian import officials!! One step closer. :)

Sent from my SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
That's cool let us know how you make out. The info might be usefull to other members.

kingofthejungle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2012
Virginia
When I bought a bull terrier and had it shipped from NC to VA it cost $250 american airlines.

"im so dope im illegal in 55 states jack" Uncle Si

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Don't you have a kind of Customs agency that sorts it out for you and spares all the hassle?

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
I am trying to ascertaain how to ship from europe to the states, which is far more complicated, i guess, than within the states....

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
That's cool let us know how you make out. The info might be usefull to other members.
Will do.

When I bought a bull terrier and had it shipped from NC to VA it cost $250 american airlines.

"im so dope im illegal in 55 states jack" Uncle Si
I wish. American Airlines doesn't run many cargo only channels these days. The big cargo carriers are Atlas, Air trans, Kalitta, Evergreen, etc. I do this kind of stuff for the Air Force, but shipping animals is always a pain.

The Delta quote I got was $1800 for Achilles!

Don't you have a kind of Customs agency that sorts it out for you and spares all the hassle?
?

I am trying to ascertaain how to ship from europe to the states, which is far more complicated, i guess, than within the states....
It's the other way around. No quarantine in the US. Hawaii, however, has ridiculous rabies quarantine procedures.

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
Continuing on with this, no airline will tackle this challenge so far. He's classified as outsized cargo. An OCS shipment of this size is incredibly expensive since it's live cargo.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store