Hello all

Scrappy71113

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2021
I'm new, so I'm here to introduce myself and my fish.

I've been keeping fish for as long as I can remember. Growing up, I had a 20 gallon.
I got my first oscar when I was 17. After he passed away at 10 years old, I converted his tank to an african cichlid tank. From there I was forced to temporarily get out of the hobby due to medical issues with my daughter.
I started working on my tank again about 2 years ago. Did a reseal, built a filtration system, and began cycling. In the meantime, I got a few betta.
Got my current oscar 6 months ago. I kept him in a 55 gallon until about 2 weeks ago at which point I moved him into a 75 gallon. I'm hoping to upgrade him from the 75 gallon to a 100 gallon aquarium in the future.
After that, I got my daughter her very first aquarium, a 55 gallon tank with angel fish.
Recently I got myself a trio of oranda goldfish.

Someday, I'm hoping to set up a decent sized pond and get a red tailed catfish. I think those guys are absolutely GORGEOUS.
I would also like a koi pond, some jack dempsey and set up another african cichlid tank in the future.

My oscar is it my baby. I'd do just about anything for this fish.
His name is Gir.

My goldfish are named Luna (spotted), Neville (red and white), and Myrtle (white)

My daughter's angel fish have been named Dream, Nightmare, and Insomnia.

I still haven't found the perfect names for my betta, so right now they're called "HEY BABIES" lol.

I understand that there is algea in some of my aquariums. I don't remove it from anything except plants and the front glass as I believe it to be beneficial and I think it gives the tanks a more natural look.

20210214_140756.jpg

20210214_140727.jpg

20210214_140707.jpg

20201214_133555.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store