Hello from the Wirral, UK

colley614

Feeder Fish
Nov 17, 2019
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd post a hello as I've joined the forum in order to do some research on a few particular fish.

I've been fish keeping for about 24 years, in that time I've kept all sorts of fancy goldfish. I then got into Cichlids by getting into shell dwellers and adding more fish to the collection such as brichardi, leleupi and finally I bought frontosa. I removed the Brichardi and put them in a tank to breed. Where they bred and bred and bred and bred. I then moved onto saltwater and have keep everything from soft coral to sps; I started with about 30 sps frags the size of a finger nail and grew them out to the size of a hand.

So, Anyway, I currently keep a planted pea puffer tank, I have a colony of 9 Burundi Frontosa and I have a few red turk discus which I'm hoping to get a breeding pair from. I have joined as after years of messing about I've decided to come clean and admit to myself that I'm not interested in growing little colourful sticks or a tank full of leaves. I Like monsters, and from now on the smallest fish I'm keeping is my fronts and discus. I want to get a few more different types of discus to breed and possibly a more expensive colony of Frontosa, such as moba. I am also hoping to bite the bullet and get myself my bucket list fish which are some black diamond stingray and possibly an Asian Arowana.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd post a hello as I've joined the forum in order to do some research on a few particular fish.

I've been fish keeping for about 24 years, in that time I've kept all sorts of fancy goldfish. I then got into Cichlids by getting into shell dwellers and adding more fish to the collection such as brichardi, leleupi and finally I bought frontosa. I removed the Brichardi and put them in a tank to breed. Where they bred and bred and bred and bred. I then moved onto saltwater and have keep everything from soft coral to sps; I started with about 30 sps frags the size of a finger nail and grew them out to the size of a hand.

So, Anyway, I currently keep a planted pea puffer tank, I have a colony of 9 Burundi Frontosa and I have a few red turk discus which I'm hoping to get a breeding pair from. I have joined as after years of messing about I've decided to come clean and admit to myself that I'm not interested in growing little colourful sticks or a tank full of leaves. I Like monsters, and from now on the smallest fish I'm keeping is my fronts and discus. I want to get a few more different types of discus to breed and possibly a more expensive colony of Frontosa, such as moba. I am also hoping to bite the bullet and get myself my bucket list fish which are some black diamond stingray and possibly an Asian Arowana.

Welcome aboard!

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Welcome to mfk comrade, I hope you find your stay most pleasant.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store