pakash

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Mexico
Hello guys i bought some elongatus chewere 5 of them

Already have

- 5 Mainganos (Already breeding)
- 6 Cynotilapia zebroides (1m 5 females already breeding)
- 3 red zebras
- i might be getting some yellow labs like 5 and be a total of 25 fish for my tank, dont like the look to overstock my tank.

I know you told me, to only get one blue fish but i do love the elongatus and want to keep some of them and not remove my cynotilapias i like them too.

My tank its a 125g tank with sump filtration, sump it is a 55g tank with 2150gph return pump.

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
What is your question? I would remove one blue barred fish OR stop saving fry and get 5 Synodontis multipunctatus to ensure all fry are eaten.

I would also not put yellow labs and red zebras in the same tank. They crossbreed also.

Reactions: pakash and tlindsey

pakash

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Mexico
Final stock:

- 6 MAINGANOS
- 6 YELLOW LABS
- 6 PSEUDOTROPHEUS ELONGATUS CHEWERE
- 5 ACEI

pakash

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Mexico
What is your question? I would remove one blue barred fish OR stop saving fry and get 5 Synodontis multipunctatus to ensure all fry are eaten.

I would also not put yellow labs and red zebras in the same tank. They crossbreed also.
What do you think, but i´ve lost already 2 elongatus, i have a lot of alpha males, 2 mainganos, 1 yellow lab, 1 elong. chewere already, but lots of females

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
What I thought was in the post above. You are losing fish, seems to indicate a change is needed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store