Help! Aquatop HOB

Pastoral

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2016
I purchased two Aquatop PF-40 hang on back for my 2 20G's with some small fish etc.

I CANNOT figure out how to change out the UV light. I literally broke the quartz tube my first attempt; purchased another online from Aquatop, and it just arrived today--without the O-ring, after I had thrown out the old one. (Their site shows the O-ring being sold with the tube, so I thought they were sending me a new one.)

So first problem, one of my filters is inoperable since I don't have an O-ring to install the quartz tube.

Second problem -- for the one with the O-ring, how on earth do you reinsert? There is no way I can identify (after hours of screwing with it) how to get the O-ring to tightly fit the tube in. There is no instruction manual that I can find explaining how to do this, no video on youtube, and as far as I can tell, nothing on the internet explaining how this is done.

So now I have 2 filters that I can't make work, and 2 tanks without filters... can anyone give me some guidance?

Thanks much!

Pastoral

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2016
This is the canister, hopefully the technique will be the same for the HOB. Thanks so much!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store