Help !!! filters acting strange !

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
Hi guys

I have a PENN-PLAX cascade 1500 and i'm also having some problems with it !

This filter is for a tank up to 200Gals i have a 180 gal tank so filtration should be fine by an extra 20gal. But it has come to my attention that it's not taking in enough water because the output is poor it's more like a big trickle it was quite powerful when i bought it brand new on ebay nearly 3 months ago it cost me £180 ( $317.1024 ) but now my tank is starting to suffer because of this problem.

My water is crystal clear when i do my water changes each week but then the day after it's go's all cloudy! I can also tell my filter is buggered because i've started to get all these little white worm like parasites on my glass due to the poor filtration.

I have cleaned my filter i rinsed al the pipes to see if there was some sort of blockage when i took the power unit off the filter to clean the media i took out the impeller to clean but i cant get into the main unit to get to the working mechanisms.

Does anyone have any advice to help me i can't afford to spend £180 ( $317.1024 ) on another new filter i just can't do it !!! any help PLEASE ! my tank is starting to get unsightly PLEASE MFK HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I just wish i'd stuck with EHEIM !!! there great !

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
repair said:
Have you been to the pen plex website for help?

http://www.pennplax.com/Pages/Banner&NavBar.pages..../intro.html

I can call if you need me too

You see the top lid part of the filter which houses parts 1, 3, 5 and 8 it's something in there which i can't get to it's not taking in the correct input of water and the output is poor and i can only imagain it will get worse if i can't get into it and give it a good clean or something ?

I haven't contacted PENN-PLAX No! i should imagin they would say it's nothing to do with them seen as i bought it privatley.

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
You'd be surprised. Give them a call and find out for sure, instead of "assuming". You know what assume means...

I too am curious as to what is causing the problem.

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
I haven't assumed nothing ! it's an out right problem with the intake of water !

And if i was to call them 1. it would cost me a BOMB as it's in the states ! 2. They would say Pissoff kindly sir you bought it privetly off a seller on ebay it's not our problem !!! it's your own fault HA HA thats what they would say !

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Dan...Be patient, I am callinf Penn-plax for ya...I work for a distributer that carries these pieces of crap....I will PM ya in a few!

Jen ;)

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
jenBLKAROWANA said:
Dan...Be patient, I am callinf Penn-plax for ya...I work for a distributer that carries these pieces of crap....I will post in a few min....

Jen ;)
Another outstanding MFKer to the rescue!!!

These companies are verry helpfull..... by the way you don't have to tell them you bought it used off e-bay..... you say I bought this used ...... they know that if you aren't happy that you will tell everyone how you got treated and they will sell less so they are helpfull.... even if they don't really want to be. :thumbsup:

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
repair said:
Another outstanding MFKer to the rescue!!!

These companies are verry helpfull..... by the way you don't have to tell them you bought it used off e-bay..... you say I bought this used ...... they know that if you aren't happy that you will tell everyone how you got treated and they will sell less so they are helpfull.... even if they don't really want to be. :thumbsup:
thanks all you MFKer's i'll phone them in the morning.

I really do wish i had never bought it ! and i would love the wet/dry system ! LETS HOPE MFK site do a raffle for one and i win !!! " Yeah right" i have nothing but bad luck it pisses me right off!

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
E-mail them first if you don't want the phone bill. Most established filter/pump companies are very helpful, esp. with products from the upper reaches of their product lines, Even some of the cheaper companies go out of their way to help. Years ago I had a small $8.00 airpump fail for no apparent reason, when you shook it it rattled and was less then a month old, I wrote a complained and they sent me a new one with airline, airstone, and bleed valve, this was from Whisper and it suprised me very pleasently.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store