Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England

Plantguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
Indianapolis
www.hooiserponds.com
May sound simple, but have you blown the thing out with water backwards? I won one of them as a raffle, and have to "Backflush" the pump with a hose everytime I clean the pads, otherwise the flow goes down quite a bit. Usually my clogs are small plant pieces that made ith through the stainer, and have piled up in the intake.

Jonathan...

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
Plantguy said:
May sound simple, but have you blown the thing out with water backwards? I won one of them as a raffle, and have to "Backflush" the pump with a hose everytime I clean the pads, otherwise the flow goes down quite a bit. Usually my clogs are small plant pieces that made ith through the stainer, and have piled up in the intake.

Jonathan...
What do you mean by "BACKFLUSH" can you explain in more detail !

I have had my filter out and cleaned inside and out !!!

craig

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
LONG ISLAND NY
DanDanThePiranhaMan said:

Never buy anything with the name pennplax on it.Pennplax is the bottom of the barrel in quality. :D

Plantguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
Indianapolis
www.hooiserponds.com
DanDanThePiranhaMan said:

Take the top off, take it outside, and use the hose to push water through both the in and out ports, from both directions, this will flush any blockage out if that is causing the slow flow.

Jonathan...

craig

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
LONG ISLAND NY
There is a main office of pennplax close to where i live. Almost everything i bought from pennplax had a problem,even before the warranty was up.They make alot of stuff for a chain of pet stores called PETLAND DISCOUNTS.PETLAND DISCOUNTS have no more discounts,so i think they should change their name.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store