Help!! Flea Bombing House

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
I covered all of my tanks with a few bedsheets but I still lost a pike in the process...Must have had one hell of a flea bomb.

Chad

mshark

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2006
USA
Kissme_419 Borax is a soap powder but it can be quite effective on getting rid of bugs. Yo

Potts050

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Brantford Ontario Canada
Remove all hang on HOBs and store wet off site. Remove wet/dry filters as well. Cannisters and heaters are OK to leave running. Remove any local air pumps until you have delt with the fleas.

Set up a large air pump or blower outside of your house and run air line tubing to large airstones in your tanks.

Next, cover your tanks completely with those disposable plastic drop cloths you get at the Home despot, Lowes, or any decent paint store. Turn of your air pump before the next step.

Seal the drop cloths around the base of your tanks with masking tape. Make as tight a seal as you can. Turn on your air pump(s) again. If you have a good seal then over the next half hour or so the "bag" should start to inflate.

Make a few pinholes at the bottom of the bag to release the pressure.
You will now have a small positive pressure inside an envelope that will protect your tanks from the flea bomb.

I've done this in the past and it worked for me with rainbow trout fry. They are sensitive to insecticides in the parts per billion. If it works for them it should work for your fish.

Good luck and consider those monthly flea and heartworm pills for your hairy friends. A lot easier than dealing with fleas!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store