HELP - Found a Complete 180 Gallon Tank Setup w/ Stand for $250 QUESTIONS on Bottom Frame

joshualaliberte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hey guys, I have searched around Google and Youtube and have not gotten any real definite answers as to how to repair this so here is my story.

There is a 180 Gallon Bow Front Aquarium & Stand for sale for $250 in my city. The tank holds water. One problem is the bottom plastic frame/brace is cracked in 2 areas. Is this piece repairable? replaceable?

If it is can someone point me in right direction of a video or a how to write-up explaining the best way to repair this? I also was planning on removing all the silicone and resealing the entire aquarium to begin with so I am not afraid of getting my hands dirty. Any help or advice you guys can give is very much appreciated. I am waiting on some pictures from the seller today. I will post them once he sends them to me.. I really want to grab this aquarium as my baby Arowana, Oscars, Albino Pacu and Redtail Catdish are not going to be babies for long.

Kind Regards,
Joshua

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sounds like an awesome deal despite the cracks.If the frame is just cracked and no plastic material is missing I would simply glue them with the type of stuff that you get at auto supply stores.It comes in a container that looks like a syringe and two different types are squeezed out and then mixed together.The stuff hardens up like plastic after it cures.

Reactions: Nilsafeller

joshualaliberte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2019
Thanks for the info. I will post the pics once I get them..

Here is the main pic he sent

If the only cracks are the ones seen in the photos, that can definitely be fixed.

Hey guys, I have searched around Google and Youtube and have not gotten any real definite answers as to how to repair this so here is my story.

There is a 180 Gallon Bow Front Aquarium & Stand for sale for $250 in my city. The tank holds water. One problem is the bottom plastic frame/brace is cracked in 2 areas. Is this piece repairable? replaceable?

If it is can someone point me in right direction of a video or a how to write-up explaining the best way to repair this? I also was planning on removing all the silicone and resealing the entire aquarium to begin with so I am not afraid of getting my hands dirty. Any help or advice you guys can give is very much appreciated. I am waiting on some pictures from the seller today. I will post them once he sends them to me.. I really want to grab this aquarium as my baby Arowana, Oscars, Albino Pacu and Redtail Catdish are not going to be babies for long.

Kind Regards,
Joshua
Aro and oscars might be ok in there but everything else will grow way too big. Get a pond, the RTC's going to need it.

Reactions: Ned Nature

joshualaliberte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2019
Me and my wife are planning to build our forever home in about 9 months and in those plans are a 2,000 Gallon Indoor Pond and a 1,200 gallon aquarium. I was just looking for a temporary fix for the time being. We have big plans for the future. I got all of my fish around the same time and size and just need to find adequate housing for about a year. They are all very small at the present time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store