Help getting oscars to breed.

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
My oscars laid eggs the first batch was infertile and 3-4 weeks later they started picking and cleaning the flower pot I added. Ive been doing 10-20 percent water changes every other day any other tips they keep cleaning and moving around stuff tail whipping and lip locking.
Also I have a male and female not 2 females.

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
If they're already breeding they are comfortable with their environment. Feed them some high protein foods and turn the heat up. Works every time in my tank. Might work don't hurt to try.

Reactions: tlindsey

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
If they're already breeding they are comfortable with their environment. Feed them some high protein foods and turn the heat up. Works every time in my tank. Might work don't hurt to try.
You think I should try some live food like crickets ive read up tht also helps.

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
Crickets can be good source of protein. You could also feed them earth worms, krill for some reason makes my fish active as hell. That also can be an option!

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
Reaction can differ from different types of fish. Especially if you allow them to try new things when they're young. Then they tend to be broken in. Other times! when you just feed them the same basic foods. It becomes trial and error, when introducing something new.

Reactions: Zanzag
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store