Help ID some fish please

warhawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2015
Indiana
Quick back story on how I got these guys.

I co worker text me last night at 7:15 telling me his friend had a fish tank he wanted gone. So I called the person but he didn't have a lot of info just that the tank was large and it had 4 fish about 4" each. He also told me the tank was drained to about 1/3rd normal. That worried me a little so I got a few things together and went to pick up everything. I was home by 9:15 and put the fish into a 29g with a cycled filter to give me time to set their tank back up.

So looking at them this morning I made a quick video of the fish because I thought that might work better than taking pics. My guess is African peococks, the white two I'm thinking hybrid/maybe OB but the other two look like normal females. All 4 look like females to me but I will wait and see what others think.

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
The white ones are o.b. peacocks. The other 2 could be females or males that haven't colored up

warhawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2015
Indiana
Thanks,

Follow up question do female OB color up like the males?

I was told the fish where 2 "pairs" by the person I got them from, he said they looked a like so maybe the other 2 don't have much color.

I assumed they are all female based on the fins, from what I have read and found in most of my peacocks females have more rounded fins and males have more pointed fins. I know this isn't 100% but it has worked well in the past. Plus I don't know how to vent, too lazy to learn I guess I have seen a video on it but the fin thing has always worked.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store