help ID these please

robnin2002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
la mirada,ca
My uncle has these breeding but he cant identify them. He gets fish from all over so he doesnt know what he buys half the time. Im not a cichlid guy so i have no clue. Thnx

It keeps telling me that i cant upload the video because my file does not have an extension. Anyone know how to fix that?

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
They look like convict hybrids to me. Would almost say pure amatitlania siquia but the mouth doesn't look quite right to me. Especially in the second picture down. Could you possibly try to get another clear shot of the face from the side? Looks to me like a convict with a more predatory mouth. Maybe crossed with loisellei or something like that.

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Those look EXACTLY like my rtm?/convict hybrids. I mean like spot on. I bought 2 for a few bucks off oscarpris oscarpris . I wonder if your uncle is the original breeder somehow? La mirada isn't far from orange. I bought them then had to move back to oc.

This is the male. I will get one of the female later. She is a huge *****y fish haha. Stole my male convict from my female convict.

20170705_145613.jpg

Definitely the same hybrid fish... How weird!!! I am thinking it could be a loiselle or something too in the mix. Mine are about 5". Does your uncle know the person who bred them originally?

robnin2002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
la mirada,ca
He does not know who bred them originally. Here is some new photos. He currently has a batch of fry from them that he is growing out. Thanks everyone for their input. If anything changes please lmk. First pic (no rock) is the male. 2nd pic (w/ rock) is the female

IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

Reactions: GamerChick5567
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store