Help id whats going on.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
My rtgg got something i cant get under controll. What to do? Its eating as usual and dont act weird compared to how hes always acting.

20191103_185639.jpg

20191103_185626.jpg

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Is that a patch of missing scales or scales that have just turned white? My RTGG, when in my 180g, occasionally threw a wobbler and whack himself on the glass bracing. Around the area where he'd made contact with the glass his scales would become dislodged and it would look bruised and sore for a few days until it cleared up. Pretty much like yours.

Reactions: tlindsey

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Nah that looks like the scales becoming white and starting to wound up. I moved the rtgg from an 720L tank to my 3200L tank. And he attacked every fish in my big tank so i had to move him back again. After that this **** turned up about two weeks ago. It looks like the scales starting to fall of. Ive tried salt but that wont help out at all.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Nah that looks like the scales becoming white and starting to wound up. I moved the rtgg from an 720L tank to my 3200L tank. And he attacked every fish in my big tank so i had to move him back again. After that this **** turned up about two weeks ago. It looks like the scales starting to fall of. Ive tried salt but that wont help out at all.
Wow, i remember you saying a few weeks ago that you were moving him and hoped your move went like mine, trouble free. Obviously yours is a bit of a bad un. Mine's still as good as gold, no trouble whatsoever.

I have no idea what that patch is then. I suppose it's a case of keeping your water clean and monitoring.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Wow, i remember you saying a few weeks ago that you were moving him and hoped your move went like mine, trouble free. Obviously yours is a bit of a bad un. Mine's still as good as gold, no trouble whatsoever.

I have no idea what that patch is then. I suppose it's a case of keeping your water clean and monitoring.
Yeah he wasnt in the tank for even 24 hours before other fish had bitemarks and wounds. Hes an frickin ahole for sure.

Yeah ive salted the water heavy raised the temp a bit and doing big and frequent wc. Ill have to order some meds for parasites just to be one the safe side. Ive never seen anything line this.

Ill see if i can get some better pics tomorrow of it.

Reactions: Finthusiast
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store