Help me pick compatable fish from my list for 90 gal

rastascoob

Feeder Fish
Aug 2, 2006
SC
Possible fish list-suggestions please

>'

\/This will be my first freshwater tank so please help/point out anything you see that would not go good together.

This will be my first freshwater tank so please help/point out anything you see that would not go good together.

Here are the fish I would like but I am unsure how well they will do with each other. I have an 90 gal.

Albino angle fish
bloody parrot cichlid
koi angle fish
clown pleco
albino plegnose (spelling?) pleco
3 spot blue geromi (spelling?)
red fin Grammy
rainbow shark
African knife fish
blue ram cichlid
clown loach
African fish
paradise fish
medusas head pleco
elephant fish
gold grammas
***sorry about the spelling

Dont need them all, just what I can find-may go with 2-3 of a few different types. Please help me make up a compatible list good for a beginner!!! OH and which would be the best to add first??? Thanx Nicole

OscarHook

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2005
Arkansas
you might not want all those plecos in there, just check there compatibility. As for the clown loaches to be really happy with them i would get atleast 3-5 of them they do alot better in schools. Also try for a school of some tetras like black phantoms or red minors, but thats just my opinion.

orgear

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2006
Ohio
I would also agree on getting 6 or more of some schooling fish (tetras, etc.). Also, I went through this with my 55 gal, I saw a lot of cool fish that I wanted to get, but I have found out that it would have been much better to pick out 2 or 3 types of fish that I really wanted and then work off of that to make sure all the other fish all compatible. Also, in my tries with angels I have found that any fish with even a bit of fin nipping problems will give them a hard time. Just my opinion

GoldfishCrazy11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
USA
I wouldn't start out with angelfish, hybrids, or any type of cichlids for that matter. I don't recommend plecos from the start, either.

First off, you need to fishless cycle your tank. This is a humane way of cycling your tank:

http://www.aquatic-hobbyist.com/profiles/misc/fishlesscycling.html

A good starter setup would include tetras, such as cardinal tetras. A school of 25-50 cardinal tetras would be drop-dead stunning. A pair of pearl gouramis, a whiptail catfish, and a school of 8 neon dwarf rainbowfish would really make your tank wonderful.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store