Help Me Stock A 125 Gallon

Bud_Man_Jr

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2006
Evansville, Wisconsin
I am Sure I am Getting A Silver.Ill get him a big 210 gallon around xmas.also what kind o fblack paint do i usr to paint the tank.do i sand the back a little?can i grow out a tsn and rck in there also.i will have proper filteration by the time it is cycled and i have the money for them?any other suggestions?

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
Hmm maybe some type of schooling fish? or something.. try not to go with fish that are to skitish because they will scare your arowana

freeskierrocket

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2005
SouthEast, PA, USA
Bud_Man_Jr;493886; said:
I am Sure I am Getting A Silver.Ill get him a big 210 gallon around xmas.also what kind o fblack paint do i usr to paint the tank.do i sand the back a little?can i grow out a tsn and rck in there also.i will have proper filteration by the time it is cycled and i have the money for them?any other suggestions?
If your talking about painting the back of the tank, just use flat black spray paint (I use the cheap kind @k-mart of wal mart or _____ mart) and do a few coates............oh and sanding?????? ........no and good luck if you try it on a glass tank (pointless), acrylic maybe but i still dont see the point...........BTW all my tanks have black backgrounds, I love how it brings out the fishes colors.........good choice!

toxicfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan
I have had great success painting glass tanks. In fact all my tanks are glass and painted black. Just be sure to paint the outside of the tank. I used satin black interior paint because I already had it on hand, but flat black spray paint will work better. Just use alcohol to clean the glass first.

Carg R

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2006
Texas
I used a paint made for metal (knock of of "rustolium") $2.00 from hd and a sponge brush. It covered three sides and the bottom of two ten gallon tanks and one 20 gal long before I forgot to seal the lid properly and it dried out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store