help me to find out my arowana type

mohammed rephai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
pls i want to know what type of arowana is this

like 7 to 8 inch, 9 months

I am in India. I am told by the seller this is rtg.

20190920_233600.jpg

20190920_233316.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mohammed rephai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
my tank is 4ft *2ft keeping arowana for exactly 8 months water parameter maintaing at 7 ph and i have two bass and one red tail cat im living in india

It’s an Asian aro, you could tell by the rows of scales. Could be an RTG a low grade one, but it’s an Asian aro for sure.
thank u for ur rply does back ground matters because im using plain white back ground and white led lightninh

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tlindsey

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Very much agreed with Dee eng, it's for sure a (sorry OP, lower grade) RTG. Besides difference in number of scale levels, Asian Arowana don't have any spots or markings on their tails like Jardini usually do.

thank u for ur rply does back ground matters because im using plain white back ground and white led lightninh
Some people use white backgrounds during Aro's younger stages, supposedly to increase shine & crossing level, but this is mostly with Gold Crossbacks --- with an RTG I'm really not sure it would make any difference at all, the fish will never cross. A darker background like blue or black should have some effect to bring out what gold color the fish might have.

mohammed rephai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
Very much agreed with Dee eng, it's for sure a (sorry OP, lower grade) RTG. Besides difference in number of scale levels, Asian Arowana don't have any spots or markings on their tails like Jardini usually do.

Some people use white backgrounds during Aro's younger stages, supposedly to increase shine & crossing level, but this is mostly with Gold Crossbacks --- with an RTG I'm really not sure it would make any difference at all, the fish will never cross. A darker background like blue or black should have some effect to bring out what gold color the fish might have.
can i tan my fish

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
if i tan in direct sunlight how many days i can tan my fish
People typically don't tan RTG or Gold Crossbacks with artificial lighting -- the effects would only be temporary and there's also the chance you can actually do too much and then the color will change (permanently) to dark 'burnt' brown. Some people do it with reds, but some say it's cruel (low water volume and exposure to lights 24/7).

That said if your fish could get a little bit of sun each day into its tank it would likely benefit coloration a bit -- but a breeder once told me just a little sun time is needed (e.g. about 45 min.).

Basically with an RTG you're honestly not working with too much bro, so don't stress or get your hopes up it's going to look like some 24K Gold Crossback that cost 3 or 4 times more, just enjoy the fish for what is: a cool specimen that is still beautiful in it's own way.

mohammed rephai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
People typically don't tan RTG or Gold Crossbacks with artificial lighting -- the effects would only be temporary and there's also the chance you can actually do too much and then the color will change (permanently) to dark 'burnt' brown. Some people do it with reds, but some say it's cruel (low water volume and exposure to lights 24/7).

That said if your fish could get a little bit of sun each day into its tank it would likely benefit coloration a bit -- but a breeder once told me just a little sun time is needed (e.g. about 45 min.).

Basically with an RTG you're honestly not working with too much bro, so don't stress or get your hopes up it's going to look like some 24K Gold Crossback that cost 3 or 4 times more, just enjoy the fish for what is: a cool specimen that is still beautiful in it's own way.
thank u bro for your kind advise i am enjoying and will enjoy my aro thanks a lot bro

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store