Help!!! My Arowana Less Eating...

kelvinng01

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2010
Ipoh
Hi there, i'm new here... Please guide me

I bought my new Yellow Tail Arowana on 7.6.2010 and until now 3.7.2010 still didn't growth up at all... Just remaining the same size as i bought from that particular days... But my second Silver Arowana is growth very fast nearly can catch up with my Yellow Tail Arowana size about 5''.... What can i do for getting back my Yellow Tail Arowana appetite back?

I have try to feed him with Frozen Bloodworm, Maelworm, Shrimp and Small Fish but still the same eat less or even not eating.... Just bite until shrimp and small fish die afterward split out...

Can anyone help me?

rhodes_96

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2009
Australia
If all your water parameters are good, try live crickets. what is your tank temperature. if it doesn't eat them then something is most likely wrong. I find that with all my arowanas have been fussy about different foods some stage in their life cycle. As they get bigger their appetite increases and become more acceptable of other fleshy foods.

Helangkawi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2010
Malaysia
i am owner of yellow tail too

bought it at 2.5" now only near to 3 weeks i can see it growing 0.5" more (near to 4" to be precise)

at first i gave my YT blood worm, but seems like she don't like it..so i changed to small fish, then she like to ate the small fish

because of i want to prevent Drop Eye, and right now her mouth is getting bigger so i gave her 3 times meal per day, for each meal i feed her with small size cricket about 3-4 crickets

and another thing is, don't stare at your arowana too much, you won't feel the different it you always staring at it

kelvinng01

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2010
Ipoh
Thanks for replying my thread... In other way, i don't have a temperature tester but i feel that my tank water is cool.

I put my arowana in 4 ft x 18'' tank but now i quarrantine him to become 2ft only because i put S1 medicine for trying because i scared my fish sick... By now, my arowana become thinner than before.... I feeling very upset and nearly cry.... I try feed my arowana with small fish but after it bite until die then split out... Now i'm trying to use small dry shrimp to feed but still not eating and split it out... I'm out of solution...

Helangkawi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2010
Malaysia
kelvinng01;4261995; said:
Thanks for replying my thread... In other way, i don't have a temperature tester but i feel that my tank water is cool.

I put my arowana in 4 ft x 18'' tank but now i quarrantine him to become 2ft only because i put S1 medicine for trying because i scared my fish sick... By now, my arowana become thinner than before.... I feeling very upset and nearly cry.... I try feed my arowana with small fish but after it bite until die then split out... Now i'm trying to use small dry shrimp to feed but still not eating and split it out... I'm out of solution...

do u already give cricket?

i believe weather in Ipoh is not making the water ice freezing unless you have air conditioner placed nearby the aquarium

kelvinng01

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2010
Ipoh
Well, i never try cricket before... Is it working? By the way, my aquarium position is place at my dinner hall... Just only fan...

Helangkawi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2010
Malaysia
kelvinng01;4262156; said:
Well, i never try cricket before... Is it working? By the way, my aquarium position is place at my dinner hall... Just only fan...
pick the small size cricket, do not forget to take out the jumpy legs...mine last time also have problem with the feeder fish, sometimes it eating and sometimes is not...

dinner hall should not have any problem, even during night time, the temperature won't below 28c

kelvinng01

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2010
Ipoh
In other way, is it possible my arowana get into sickness? How to see white spot sickness and what the symtom of the fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store