Help! My fish is dying.

oii

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
Michigan
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/OiOhJOi/fish2.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/OiOhJOi/fish1.jpg

I came home from work the other day and found him being chased around by my midas cichlid. I've had them both for about 2 years and I don't understand why they'd just start attacking each other after so long. They were in the same tank with 1smaller jack dempsey and 2 convicts and they are all fine. I have the midas cichlid separated from the others right now I have just been waiting to see if my jack would get better.

The only difference I have noticed within the past 3-5 days is that his head is getting discolored and he sits at the bottom of the tank head down tail up.

I'm sick of watching him suffer and I am considering euthanizing him, what are your thoughts?

Edwin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2007
Whittier,Ca
oh man, that doesnt look good. im hoping the best of luck for ur fish to heal. keep us updated if anything else happens.

oii

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
Michigan
I've raised the temperature in his tank and changed 1/2 the water but he seems to be only getting worse. I'm not sure if he's just sick or beat up because I have been checking my other fish for differences and they all seems to be doing fine.

I don't see how I can make him better considering he can't swim around properly and I can't get him to eat. I keep scooping him up every 4-5 hours and bringing him to the top so he can get air and he has a little bit of fight left in him but as soon as I get him out of the net he swims down and ends up having his tail floating and his head down again.

Edwin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2007
Whittier,Ca
ya i agree cuz if u cant stand watchin him like that, i say let him go and put a stop to his suffering. isry
it has happened to me before. my 4" GT mike

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
He looks like he's in horrible shape. I don't know what to say. Hope he recovers though, he looks like a beautiful fish.

oii

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
Michigan
he had a bubble on his head filled with blood that he developed within the last day that looked really painful. I couldn't stand to see him suffer any more so I reached my hand in the tank and picked him up, laid him on a piece of ply wood and cut his head off. He didn't even jump while he was laying on the board and I cut threw him quickly. It was the quickest and easiest way I think I could have killed him. I just hope I did the right thing.

R.I.P. Jack..

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
oii;1218698; said:
he had a bubble on his head filled with blood that he developed within the last day that looked really painful. I couldn't stand to see him suffer any more so I reached my hand in the tank and picked him up, laid him on a piece of ply wood and cut his head off. He didn't even jump while he was laying on the board and I cut threw him quickly. It was the quickest and easiest way I think I could have killed him. I just hope I did the right thing.

R.I.P. Jack..
I think you did the right thing. Blood pooling like that usually is enough to kill a human if they develop the same condition. Trust me, you did the right thing. Internal bleeding is an extremely painful way to die.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store