Help... My Flowerhorn not eating taken 3 kinds of meds...-imra

imradoll

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2018
my aquarium is marineland 29 gals. package ( led aquarium kit with everything on it heater, penguin 200 bio-wheel power filte etc. ), i have him since december 26, 2016, the temp is 28.9, he is usually eats 3 times a day abt. 6 pellets, i usually do water change once a week (every sunday) with conditioner.

my flowerhorn is not eating and having black spots all over the body.two months ago we went to this store and ask for assistance cause my flowerhorn is not eating, not active and just staying in the bottom.they test the water and said the water is ok maybe my fish is just stress.one week past still the same his not eating not active and all and show a picture with his poo sticking in the butt like transparent one (more of a yellowish) and he said he is sick .he recommended to used prazipro after a few days he become a bit active but still don't eat. one week and three days now after we used the medicine ( so after a week we do water change to 50% and used the medicine again). then i noticed he is having some spots over his body not dark ones like bruises or something.he is still not eating, he sometimes active sometimes not and sometimes stay in the corner.

they recommend to use the melafix....he seems ok ,he is kind of active but still not eating so that means something is still wrong so after a week of curing it .the poop is still same but not like before he is seldom poop maybe because he is not eating anything.we keep testing the water once a week and do water change 25% every sunday.we try the garlic thing soaking it but still he is not eating.so we went back to ask again and the usual show some pictures and tell the development is just he is kind of active but still not eating.

then he recommend kanaplex because its probably internal sickness since the melafix usually don't get inside of the fish or something.after curing it for almost 2 weeks since we put the filter back after a week to clear some of meds before starting a new med.

i run to this site recently and read some article about bloated stomach.since my fish is not eating but his stomach is a bit big not too big though so we went to the store and ask if its safe to use metro since my fish not eating but the stomach is a bit big.he test the water and found a bit of ammonia .so atm we bought some ammonia pads to help break down the level of ammonia and we bought some air pump cause we notice he seems gasping maybe due to meds.we will do another meds tomorrow metroplex depends on water test if the ammonia is broken down.

my question is :is it safe to do metroplex if the ammonia is ok already?
atm my fish is still not eating, usually just swim around and he seems stress out due to his fins is always up.i don't know what to do anymore.we try different kind of food even blood worm but he is not eating so that means something still wrong....please help me....20180417_084103.jpg 20180417_084044.jpg 20180417_084044.jpg 20180417_084142_001.jpg

cichla & saratogas

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2018
You say the stomach looks a little bloated which it does look swollen abit. The scales look to be starting to sticking out could possibly be dropsy. I'm not sure though.

cichla & saratogas

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2018
Is your flowerhorn's feces pale and stringy ,is the fish lethargic , is it stay towards the top of the tank ?

imradoll

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2018
Is your flowerhorn's feces pale and stringy ,is the fish lethargic , is it stay towards the top of the tank ?
yeah he usually stay in the top circling. yeah is is inactive doesnt eat even with garlic with it.he last poop a couple of days but he is not pooping now a days the color is light brown.

cichla & saratogas

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2018
Okay and would you say the his scales are sticking outwards rather than laying flat against his body ? Also are his eye bulging out , and is his anus red and swollen?

imradoll

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2018
Okay and would you say the his scales are sticking outwards rather than laying flat against his body ? Also are his eye bulging out , and is his anus red and swollen?
the anus i cant tell if its redish.his eyes is bulging out that normal and for the scales yeah is like not flat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store