HELP My Jack Dempsey jumped out

Serpentine

Piranha
MFK Member
May 17, 2018
Thanks, Yeah Wetspot is on my list of Places including Imperial tropicals I really bonded to that fish though so even if and when I do replace it It will never really ever be replaced I just cant believe I dropped the ball so early in the game but Thank you everyone I really appreciate the support and advice
You never really "replace" them. Each one is its own individual. But you can try again with another one and give it the best possible care.

If misery loves company, I just screwed up bad and lost my 8 inch juvenile Arowana to a pair of baby convict cichlids less than 2 inches long. I had temporarily stashed them in there while I built their tank. They paired up (yes, as babies) decided to start a family and promptly gutted my beautiful Zephyr, attacking him from below.

Now that was a painful learning experience. And now the new one gets its very own nursery tank until it's so big nothing will mess with it. Think bubble wrap, armed guards and concertina wire.

Point being, we all make mistakes and it hurts every single time. But don't let it put you off enjoying another JD.

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
Sorry for your loss. We all know how it feels but just learn from your mistakes and use it to better the lives of future fish. I lost a beautiful green terror and baby dovii from not having lids on a tank. They were both gifts from my parents( they knew I wanted them and I was fully prepared). So it hurt even more when they died but now all my tanks are covered and protected. Best of luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store