Help! My loaches fins are almost gone :(

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
That just looks like another fish but it’s tail, silver dollars could be the culprit, but they are usually mellow (unlike their cousins). It should grow back soon. What else is in the tank?

gobudi

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2008
INDONESIA
That just looks like another fish but it’s tail, silver dollars could be the culprit, but they are usually mellow (unlike their cousins). It should grow back soon. What else is in the tank?
the fish only clown loaches and strip silver dollar. The up tail already about 2 years , the down tail just about 2 days ago. May be because i change the food menu so they got hungry? and bit the loach tail?
thanks

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Could be hungry, silvers also may bite when spooked, they like to show their piranha side sometimes. Most characins like to test everything in the tank to see if it is good.
If it persists you may have to move fish around, but it sounds like a rare occurrence.

gobudi

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2008
INDONESIA
Could be hungry, silvers also may bite when spooked, they like to show their piranha side sometimes. Most characins like to test everything in the tank to see if it is good.
If it persists you may have to move fish around, but it sounds like a rare occurrence.
thanks

Reactions: tlindsey

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
okay so youre keeping warm freshwater fish and cold freshwater fish with a brackish puffer? do you not do any research? and i dont even understand why you’re questioning what happened if you have a puffer in the tank.

Reactions: Redshark1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store