Help!! My Rainbow Shark Has Something Goofy Under His Eye!

ZachAttack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
Minnesota
Alrighty i'll do it now quick...

As far as treating with melafix and pimafix at the same time, do you just do a dose of each at the same time?

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
yeah.. just read the directions on the backs of the bottles for dosages.. and follow that.. you wont overdose. but also i believe after a few days (read that bottle, its been a while since i used them) you do a waterchange.. i believe you dose everyday too.. just read up on them.

id treat with maracyn plus (or i think it might be called maracyn two.. i cant remember) i had a fish that was falling apart and it worked after about 3 days.

you said it looks cottony? is it around the mouth? it makes me think of cottonmouth.. or where is the white cottony stuff on its body? any other signs of sickness (like the fins and tail are shredding off) or red gills? the pics arent too good and with it being a dark fish i cant tell

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com

ZachAttack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
Minnesota
Open sores on Gouramis or other anabantids. Bacterial Infection (Furunculosis) Aeromonas salmonicida bacteria.I'm assuming that's what it is...it started with my paradise fish, and then moved to my other gourami. It's pretty much a white open sore. i'll pick up some maracyn plus on friday (don't have time today, have to work soon, and LFS is closed tomorrow for Thanksgiving.) it seems to be affecting him very little though, he's a little less active but still chases my tiger barb all over my tank.

Tonster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2008
New York
If it looks like a litle fury thing, then it fungi. At the moment my pleco has this fungi located on it's eye.

ZachAttack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
Minnesota
YES!!!

it's cleared up! i was going to get maracyn plus but my LFS was completely out!:eek: So after a 30% w/c i just treated with pimafix and melafix at the same time, for 5 days (1 teaspoon of each after i fed them). now its down to just an itty bitty white dot under his eye (looks like ich but its not!). hoping it will be totally gone tomorrow so that i can do another 30% change and add carbon to get the meds out...then giving the barb to a friend and picking up 5 serpae tetras! :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store