Help or Advice: Scarlet Pleco Stomach and Anus look weird

parrthed

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2006
Charlestown
parrthed parrthed How long do you usually leave shrimps in the tank before removing it.

I feed my Plecos right before lights out. They actively take the shrimp and clams. They also eat some of the pellets I put in for the Hypans. The other fish in the tank eat what’s leftovers. They usually go right for the shrimp and run off with it to hide and eat. They suck the meat right out of the half shell clams too.

Reactions: BigShawn

DHarris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2015
Los Angeles
With the exception of my L273, most of my Pseudacanthicus have been pretty active eaters regardless of lighting. I usually feed with the lights on for purely selfish reasons, but they eat.
Good news that you saw it eating, keep an eye on the feces. If they're clear instead of brown it's likely got a bacterial infection.

I reread your initial post and noticed you're feeding it Repashy Soilent Green, Repashy Morning Wood, and Repashy Bottom Scratcher. While these are quality foods, L25 are primarily carnivorous. I'd suggest offering some Hikari Massivore as well as defrosted krill. All of my pseudas devour those and are nice and plump. See if the improves things.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store