HELP !!! PEACOCK BASS WON'T EAT !

faekun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2017
hi, does anyone knows what is wrong with my group of peacock bass. they either eat and spit out right away, or just stare at their foods once it is dropped.
i feed them live bloodworm and live feeders.
they start getting very skinny now.
any advice and any medication for them? please help !

Justin Martin

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2018
I have seen wild caught fish refuse food for a week or two, but they will usually take feeders. Like Wolfman said, we need a bunch of information to be of any help

Reactions: Tony A.

faekun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2017
How long have you had them? How big are they? What are your water parameters? Without this information there’s nothing to go off of. I’ve never had any size bass refuse live.
i have them for a year now. all are around from 4.5" to 7" .
i have dont have stuffs to check the water parameter.
i do 40% to 45% water change for once a week.

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
i have them for a year now. all are around from 4.5" to 7" .
i have dont have stuffs to check the water parameter.
i do 40% to 45% water change for once a week.
You need to test your parameters with a liquid test kit. That’s pretty much standard equipment that you should have. Without the parameters we can’t tell what’s going on in your aquarium and there is no way of knowing if you are doing enough water changes or not. At the one year mark your fish should be well past 4.5” and more like 9” to 12” post a picture of what your fish so we can see how they look.

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
TheWolfman TheWolfman has given you solid advice, trying to help but you have to do your part too. It would probably not be a bad idea to treat with praziquantel do to the fact that you feed only live they could have internal parasites. You should prazi your feeders then feed your bass to prevent them from catching any disease

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
What is the size of the tank plus's all the other info.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store