Help!!! Pimple-like bump???

raprap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi. My flowerhorn had a pimple like structure on his left belly portion. No changes in his aggressiveness/appetite. He is not bloated and no stringy white poop. I do 25-30% waterchange biweekly. Recently after noticing the small pimple like bump, O increased the water temp to 29-30 celcius and also add 2tbsp aquarium salt last water change. The "pimple" decreased in size after but I still continue with the same temp. However after 2-3 days the pimple like is again increasing in size. No any other symptoms like I mentioned before.
Thank you for your help in advance.

Attached here is my fh's picture with the pimple-like bump.

You_Doodle_2017-04-21T12_01_58Z.jpg

You_Doodle_2017-04-21T12_02_37Z.jpg

You_Doodle_2017-04-21T12_03_12Z.jpg

You_Doodle_2017-04-21T12_03_49Z.jpg

raprap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi, thanks anyway. I did some readings. And I guess I was right it was a viral infection called lymphocystis. It is usually non-fatal. You were right that I should just keep eye on it becasuse since it is viral in origin, it has no treatment or medication but only supportive measures. Fortunatey, he is now okay. Thank you

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
is it just the one lesion? If so I would think probably not lymphocystis but who knows

raprap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2017
is it just the one lesion? If so I would think probably not lymphocystis but who knows
I do hope they were just lesions. But I failed to update you guys that I failed to notice later on small bumps on his lower left and right body. And these appeared after he got stressed from hexa. Hence, I started with metro. I read that I can do both oral administration by mixing it with his food (I used azoo anti-endo parasite) and by doing a metro suspension (I bought OTC 500mg) and add it in the tank directly. I am currently on Day 5 of treatment. And he looks so improved and recovered. There's no more white worm-like appearing stuff on his head.no further appearance of pits on his kok. And his poop went back to normal no more stringy white poop.
Thank you very much!

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Without better pics really hard to say. Lympho infections can resemble a few other conditions like tumorous growths and even physical traumas but severe hex infections are often mistaken for lympho. I would think that is the case here.

raprap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2017
Without better pics really hard to say. Lympho infections can resemble a few other conditions like tumorous growths and even physical traumas but severe hex infections are often mistaken for lympho. I would think that is the case here.
I see. Thanks a lot guys. Everything here is new to me. I did some readings before adopting one. And I know it's not enough. I am convinced that it was probably die to severe hex infection. And good thing is he is now recuperating. I am currently on Day 5 of metro and he is now improving. No more white stringy poops, no more worm-like on his head, no more further pitting on his kok and his color is going back to his normal vibrant color. And also the pimple like stuff are almost gone. Thank you

raprap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2017
Usually the course of metro treatment for hexa lasts for how many days? Thank you

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Usually 2 doses but is most effective when added to food, using the immersion method; I've had less favorable results.. I would follow up with Hex Shield after one treatment of metro, since it is much less toxic.

raprap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2017
Usually 2 doses but is most effective when added to food, using the immersion method; I've had less favorable results.. I would follow up with Hex Shield after one treatment of metro, since it is much less toxic.
Alright. Maybe the reason why you had less favorable results with metro is that you weren't able to complete the regimen treatment? I can't blame you considering metro is toxic to the fish's renal system.
After this treatment I will probably do prevententive measure for hexa. Maybe once a month of epsom salt using the immersion method (15mg of mag sulf + 500mL water). And of course maintaining the correct water parameters and water quality.
Thank you!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store