Help please with NTT!

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Would really appreciate some help with disease ID.

My large thin bar has gone the same way my silver Tigerfish did a while back. Stopped eating and the lips gone whitish protruding but notthe jaw.It looks a little bit fatter underneath the grill plates but there’s no other marks or film on the body anyway. It’s not breathing necessarily rapidly but it almost looks like it has got something stuck in his mouth but it hasn’t. I’m using an antibacterial treatment

The rest of the fish in the tank are fine and feeding well these include a fire eel, Polys and Florida gar and a smaller Thinbar

9439BB50-E141-40C5-9CB6-CA4260BF5F6E.jpeg

400952DA-7157-4059-936A-60F5B84D1FF4.jpeg

11716A0B-F368-40E2-9DBF-DFC0B0435320.jpeg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

My large thin bar has gone the same way my silver Tigerfish did a while back. Stopped eating and the lips gone whitish protruding but notthe jaw.It looks a little bit fatter underneath the grill plates but there’s no other marks or film on the body anyway. It’s not breathing necessarily rapidly but it almost looks like it has got something stuck in his mouth but it hasn’t. I’m using an antibacterial treatment

The rest of the fish in the tank are fine and feeding well these include a fire eel, Polys and Florida gar and a smaller Thinbar

View attachment 1392601

View attachment 1392602

View attachment 1392603

Looks like Duck Lip disease columnaris. I suggest removing the Datnoid asap.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

View attachment 1392601

View attachment 1392602

View attachment 1392603

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/collumnaris-duck-lips-disease.527245/

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Great video to treat duck lips. I’ve never seen one on a Dat. The video mentioned a Thailand product that uses capsules and syringe. Wonder if u can use a syringe and add the easier to get kanaplex / furan2. To inject into the fishes stomach. Is the potency/dose too high and be rough on the fish ?

Reactions: islandguy11

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Great video to treat duck lips. I’ve never seen one on a Dat. The video mentioned a Thailand product that uses capsules and syringe. Wonder if u can use a syringe and add the easier to get kanaplex / furan2. To inject into the fishes stomach. Is the potency/dose too high and be rough on the fish ?
Good question, though personally I'm not so knowledgeable about medical stuff, hopefully someone else could chime in. Also good point, the video is mostly about Flowerhorns, I'm not sure how safe such a treatment would be for Dats, which I read somewhere on MFK esp. when younger have quite sensitive digestive tracts (that said, so do FH's).

I do have a packet of the Zedrix Sword as back-up which I got after watching this video about a year ago; fortunately I've never had to use it yet, nor ever faced this disease knock on wood.

While I of course have no idea for sure, so nobody plz act on it, I wouldn't be surprised if Zedrix did have something like kanplex or furan2 in it -- the problem is like lots of such companies out this way they often don't list ingredients on their 'secret' cures.

Zedrix Sword back.jpg

Reactions: Vancouver_98683
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store