help please

Psycho

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2006
Indiana
I have 3 RBP in a 20g in my room upstairs i set up my new 55g :) (ill post pics later) downataris in living room what is best way to transfer the fish downstairs? and put them into the new tank?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
is the new tank cycled and ready to go?
What is the filtration (on both tanks)?

Psycho

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2006
Indiana
No its not ready yet i just got it up today imma let it run about 2 weeks and the 55 has a penguin (however its spelled) filter with the two wheels and the 20g has a reg petsmart filter (Pro Aquatics Powerfilter 200) i was just wondering how to transport the Ps from one tank to another

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
rottbo;550800; said:
just net them and run thats wat i would do
Going by the present size of their tank, I assume your reds are still small(1 inch)...Just skoop them with a net and run...But since there is stairs, net them and place them in a 5g Home Depot bucket or some small plastic container.....If possible, transfer each fish seperatley to cut down the risk of them scraping each other to death....

BTW, I let this 55g setup slip tonight, I'm too tired to get into it....BARE minimum gallons for natts is 20g per fish....Psycho, I'm guessing that this 55 is only a growout, right???You will upgrade to 75 or 100 later on(not a question, but statement)....

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Psycho;550783; said:
...3 RBP... ...upstairs... ...55g... ...downataris... ...best way to transfer the fish downstairs? and put them into the new tank?
The house has a laundry shute, right? :naughty:

Use a bucket only partly filled with aquarium water, carry them downstairs, slowly add water from the new aquarium. When the bucket is full, dip water out and put it back into the new aquarium. When the bucket is half empty, start filling the bucket with aquarium water again. The purpose of this is to get the Ps acclimated to the temperature and water perameters of the new tank. You don't want to stress them by just dumping them in. After the second bucket change they will be ready for the new tank.

Psycho

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2006
Indiana
Thanks guys! and importracer I do plan in the future to put them n a bigger tank later on maybe when I move out (im 17) and they are about 3inches now (i waited to long to move them to a bigger tank :( ) But my 55 looks SWEET!!! Sry im stoaked! lol:D

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Is the new tank cycled?

z24frank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2006
San Diego
Dam i wish we could have these in cali:irked: but I agree with acclimating them just use the 5 gallon bucket,and I would recomend only transfering 1 at a time as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store