HELP small delhezi with red spots on stomach?

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Yea. Not sure if it’ll make it. Small and skinny del for 2-3 years owned. I’d dose some levamisole and kanamycin. Clean water. Is it eating? Have you seen it eat?
I havent seen her eat in 2 days. Noticed the scars/internal bleeding yesterday for the first. Before she was a bit thicker. Now she looks like a gold eel. I dont think she is gone make it. But i need to know how this happend. Otherwise all my fish might die. Getting watertests in a moment.
Except parasitis or disease i got two possible explanations:

-can it be the hejuta gar that tried to eat him? I was thinking it might just be pike teeth
-can it be heat burn by the heater?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I havent seen her eat in 2 days. Noticed the scars/internal bleeding yesterday for the first. Before she was a bit thicker. Now she looks like a gold eel. I dont think she is gone make it. But i need to know how this happend. Otherwise all my fish might die. Getting watertests in a moment.
Except parasitis or disease i got two possible explanations:

-can it be the hejuta gar that tried to eat him? I was thinking it might just be pike teeth
-can it be heat burn by the heater?
I doubt those two things. Don’t look like a heater burn. Rocket gars will usually leave polys alone. Difficult to see with their mouths.

Reactions: neko1

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
Im gone put him alone, raise temperature add salt. And then i will try to feed him twice a day. But he doesnt wane eat. Should i forcefeed him? Or wait a day?
I'm honestly not too sure whether force feeding will do much; you can try, but that'll likely just put a lot of stress on the fish, and may induce vomiting; rendering the entire operation useless. If he's not moving, then I really don't think he'll make it... Have you tried infusing food items in garlic? I've heard that it may help encourage a fish to eat, although I've personally never tried it myself. Good luck to you and your bichir- I really hope he pulls through.

Reactions: neko1

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Wouldn’t force feed. Keep temps around 76-80. Try the garlic as already mentioned.

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
i added 1 tablespoon salt and i got a blacklisted medicine that should work against fbc. Hoping he makes it but he looks already dead.. heavy breathing

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Are my other fish okay? is it a disease which he or she got when she was young and after two years it started killing her or?
I havent bought anything new in fish in 2/3 months. All other fish seem fine. this are parameters of the tank.

Screenshot 2022-03-13 at 14.00.26.png

Last edited:

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
he looks dead but i swear he is doing better then 30min ago. he looks far but he started breathing better. Now i atleast got some hope he might make it

Screenshot 2022-03-13 at 14.09.55.png

Screenshot 2022-03-13 at 14.10.02.png

• Sad
Reactions: kno4te

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
yep she is dead.. i put her in the fridge. Gone take her to a doctor tomorrow or day after if i have time to see if its really tbc.
if it is i probably have to put all my 80 fish down.... :wall: really praying for this one to be the first death and last.

• Sad
Reactions: deeda

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
If you had that fish for 2-3 years it was sick long before now and only a matter of time before it finally died. Polys are extremely hardy fish and it takes a lot to put them down for the count.. I doubt it's anything overly transferable or you'd be seeing issues with the other fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store